1. Summer Camp – The 2021 Village summer camp begins on June 28. Covid-19 protocols have been changing, and the Recreation Department will communicate any changes to camp procedures. Please call 914-769-7950 with any questions.
2. Village Pool – The Village pool opened on Memorial Day. Pool passes are still available for purchase online by clicking ‘Online Registration’ on the Recreation Department’s webpage. More information on this pool season can be found here.
3. Future Pool Project: While operational, due to its age, the Village Pool requires extensive investment for either repairs to extend its life, or replacement. The Village recently engaged with a consultant, Rimkunas Engineering (www.rimkunasengineering.com) to conduct an evaluation phase for a pool reconstruction project. More information can be found here. Results from the Pool Survey of over 936 people have been released and can be found here. Key findings include the desire of most villagers to maintain a separate kiddy pool and increase deck space. Consultants are being interviewed and the next step is to develop schematic design options and cost estimates.
4. Leaf Blowers – The Village sent out a leaf blower survey which closed on March 12th. The Village will shortly discuss the results and hold another public comment session. Please continue to send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Saw Mill River Parkway Work – Work continues in Mount Pleasant and Pleasantville between Exit 26 and Exit 30, as NYSDOT is elevating the roadway in order to meet 100-year flood projections. For more information on the project, please visit: https://lowerwestchesterbridges.com/
6. Floor Area Ratio Zoning Analysis – The Village worked with our planning consultant, BFJ Planning, to draft floor area ratio legislation for consideration by the Village Board. A public hearing was held on May 24, 2021 and the Village Board is scheduled to consider adopting the Local Law at its meeting on June 14, 2021. More information on this analysis can be found here.
7. Manville Road Pedestrian Safety Project –The project to improve pedestrian safety on Manville road from Memorial Plaza to Tompkins Avenue has been postponed until the spring of 2022 due to economic uncertainty. The project is estimated to cost $3-$4 million. $1.6 million of that would be reimbursed to us by a NY State grant. A bond resolution that authorizes the bond cost of $4 million will be considered by the Board of Trustees on June 14. The Village will send the project out to bid later this year before making a final decision on whether to proceed.
8. Civic Space Project – This project to create a programmed civic space next to the train station has been postponed due to economic uncertainty.
9. Work to South End of Memorial Plaza: This summer through the fall, the Village will be working on the south end of Memorial Plaza between Bedford Road and the gazebo. The work is designed to improve pedestrian safety, parking and traffic circulation. The overall project will extend into 2022, however part of the work will be completed by this fall. Although there will be construction work in various places, the roadway and most parking areas will remain open throughout the work. Click here for more detailed information about the project.
10. Pedestrian Committee Public Forum: On June 7, the Village’s Pedestrian Committee held a public forum to review projects and discuss issues related to pedestrian safety. Those interested in joining the Committee, or seeking more information on a pedestrian related topic, can email ppc@Pleasantville-ny.gov.
11. Development Update:
- 70 Memorial Plaza – The three level underground garage completed; installation of the hvac, fire sprinkler, plumbing and storm water systems continue within the garage areas. Steel framing is in full operation, which is estimated to be completed in approximately 4-6 months – weather dependent
- 52 Depew Street – Demolition work on the structures completed. Foundation work is underway as the site remediation and excavation continues as well.
- 98 Washington Avenue – This building will have 14 affordable units and is about 90% completed.
Upcoming Meetings and Public Forums:
- June 9, 2021 8:00pm- Village Planning/ ARB Meeting
- June 14, 2021 7:00pm – Village Board Work Session
- June 14, 2021 8:00pm- Village Board Meeting
- June 23, 2021 8:00pm- Village Planning/ ARB Meeting
- June 24, 2021 8:00pm- Village Zoning Board Meeting
- June 28, 2021 7:00pm- Village Board Work Session
- June 28, 2021 8:00pm- Village Board Regular Session