Due to NYSDOT regulations regarding winter conditions, the Manville Corridor Improvement Project will pause until early spring when temperatures allow work to resume. Over the coming weeks the area will be prepped for winter conditions, including the temporary re-striping of the center lane at Washington Ave./Manville Rd. to accommodate a wider eastbound turning and passing lane.
Outstanding Work – Spring/Summer 2023:
- Curb and sidewalk replacement on the north side of Manville Rd. from the area of Tompkins Ave. to the Manville Rd. parking lot.
- New traffic signal at Manville Rd./Memorial Plaza/Grant St. intersection, and construction of new right-hand turn lane.
- Curb and sidewalk replacement on the south side of Manville Rd. from Wheeler Ave. to Memorial Plaza to include the closing of the slip lane.
- Bump-outs constructed at intersections to align with completed work
- Installation of new pedestrian crossing signals.
- Fire hydrant replacement/relocation.
- Mountable center islands installed between Tompkins Ave. and Washington Ave., and an area between Vanderbilt Ave. and Grant St.
- *The Village is working with NYSDOT on a mast arm signal to replace the ‘double signal’ at Wheeler Ave. and Manville Rd. This will serve to keep a protected pedestrian crosswalk at Wheeler Ave.
- Repaving and re-striping of Manville Rd from Tompkins Ave. to Grant St.
Completion of the project is expected by summer 2023 with this timeline potentially impacted by material availability. For more information, please visit click here.
You can unsubscribe here.