We need your support!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact
Shane or Evelyn at email@example.com or (914) 747-4411 or (914) 409-3487.
We also offer internships for students interested in learning more about TV production and Videography.
The Pleasantville Community Television (“PCTV”) Internship
Program is designed to offer qualified candidates an opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge of the overall management of a cable TV station and its accompanying internet presence
- Acquire hands-on skills through immersion in various functions of an active, vibrant operation under the direct
PCTV is a not-for-profit organization started in 1995 with a rich history of providing high quality, professional video content to its constituency in North Central Westchester County. Its primary focus centers on producing content for the Village government, the public school district and community activities and interests.
The following is a listing of responsibilities that will serve as a guideline for individual tasks and duties, which may change from to time to time. The listed responsibilities describe the functions of the station. The successful candidate will assist the Station Manager, as he deems appropriate, in carrying out these responsibilities.
- Studio Operations:
- Maintain a constant, reliable air signal at all times
- Assist in directing cable shows:
- Maintain sets and decorations/creation of new sets
- Lighting for all Shows inside/outside studio
- Sound engineering for all shoots inside/outside studio
- Assure technical requirements are met on submitted programming
- Media & transfer issues i.e. AVI-DVD WMV etc.
- Deal with Producers old & new regarding upcoming shows and requirements for same
- Live switches for all shows
- Edit Village, Producer and Third Party content for final upload.
- On-location set up and filming assistance
- Titling and graphics
- Still photos and photo composition
- Logging, importing and transcribing footage/media
- Studio Administration:
- Assist Director of Operations when needed
- All equipment check in/out
- Monitor policies and procedures
- Maintain equipment